Thursday, June 16, 2011

Reflection

At the beginning of the summer, I was dreading this class to come. I couldn't think of one thing I wanted to do less. But in my defense, I didn't fully understand what Colloquium was, or what I would be learning.

Now, I am glad I took this class. I am a Criminal Forensics Major, and I enjoyed every part of this class. I liked all the field trips because they were fun but also informative. My favorite one was the Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary because of all the wildlife we saw there.

But, of all the field trips and everything about this class, I am grateful. I am grateful for the knowledge that I learned. Honestly, I don't think I would have taken the time to learn all this if I didn't take this class. I am glad we had to, because now I will make some big changes in my life and how I live. For example, I will start being sure to always turn the lights off when I am not using them, I would limit the food I waste and the water I waste. I would like to, in the future, start my own novice garden, maybe with some foods I ate a lot, like carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes. I did get some turnips seeds today in class :)
I am not sure how exactly to cook them, but I am sure I can figure it out and give some to friends and family like my grandma does with her vegetables. This was a fast 6 weeks in this class, but Professor Wilkinson did a great job keeping us all interested and wanting to learn more. So for that, I thank you. And I will be sure to move forward with the values of this class in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment